Thursday, November 24, 2011

It's got to be said

Taking a break from my normal posts, I'd just like to say three things:

1) Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone had a great one and that you had not only good company and good eats but also gave honor and thanks to God from Whom all blessings flow!

2) If you are one of those people who condemn the various businesses who have chosen to open on Thanksgiving day (whether all day or at 5:00 pm) because they are denying their employees time to spend with their families and yet, you still choose to go out shopping, you are doing nothing more than enabling those businesses. You can't have it both ways. That is called hypocrisy.

3) As we are now past Thanksgiving Day, it is now acceptable to put up your various obscene and tasteless Christmas decorations for all the neighborhood to see.

1 comment:

  1. I try very hard not to shop for anything on Thanksgiving or Christmas and it isn't that difficult. I shop the day before and if I forgot something then we live without it. It's just that simple.

    I don't like stores open on TG or Christmas (except we did once eat at the All-You-Can-Eat Chinese Buffet one Christmas, but I think they were Buddhists so it was okay. They were doing a booming business too.

    ReplyDelete