Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hymn at Sunday Orthros during Triodion

These troparia accompany us all through the Triodion and Great Lenten fast. Following the reading of the Gospel of the Sunday Eothinon (these are the 11 Resurrection appearances of Christ in the four Gospels) and the reading of Psalm 50, we chant in the plagal of the fourth tone:

Glory...Open unto me the gates of repentance, O Giver of Life,
For my spirit rises early to pray towards Thy Temple
Bearing the temple of my body all defiled;
But, in Thy Compassion, purify me by the loving kindness of Thy mercy.

Both now...Lead me on the paths of righteousness, O Mother of God,
For I have profaned my soul with shameful sins
and have wasted my life in slothfulness.
But, by thine intercessions, deliver me from all impurity.

Have mercy...When I think of the many evil things I have done, wretch that I am,
I tremble at the fearful day of judgment.
But trusting in Thy loving compassion, like David I cry unto Thee:
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy Great Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment