Monday, July 27, 2009

Why is this blog here?


The internet is replete with any number of sites, both personal and official, that deal with the Orthodox Church and faith. What do I have to offer? Probably not much, but I've always been a person to express myself regardless of how much in the minority I am, how wrong or right I may be, how well or ill spoken I come off as, etc..

This site is devoted to my own experiences with the Orthodox Church. Just like the TV ads say for those "get rich quick schemes", the experiences described here are unique and not necessarily applicable to everyone.

Nonetheless, I will continue to write and I will continue to express my opinions. I certainly welcome your input, your criticisms, your agreements, your corrections, your wit, etc.. But keep in mind that this website is dedicated to Holy Orthodoxy. Please know that I will defend church doctrine and teaching. Unsollicited attacks on the Orthodox Church because you have an ax to grind or are just not a fan will not be tolerated. If you disagree, fine. I'm not here to convert anyone as I am simply supplying information and opinions, but if someone does express such a desire, that is not license to attack that person with ridiculous ad hominems.

I invite you to be a part of the discussion. Thanks and I hope to have you come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment