Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Resolutions for the new year?

It is a great thing to be able to make a New Year's resolution AND to see it through towards the end.  I myself will admit to planning New Year's resolutions and doing a great job at it.  But, I'm absolutely terrible at seeing it through to the end.  Perhaps the problem is that I choose my own resolutions. If, maybe, someone were to choose my resolution for me, I may be more inclined to follow it through. 

So, if anyone would like to choose a resolution for me, I'd like to hear it.  But, there are some criteria:
1)  It must relate to the liturgical life in the Orthodox Church
2)  It must be doable
3)  It should be followed through the whole year

In case you're unsure where to start, here are  a few suggestions (You may suggest one of these, use one of these as the model for your own suggestion or suggest some combination):
1)  Read the 6 Psalms every day (at some point, usually the morning)
2)  Read the prescribed readings for every day
3)  Attend Great Vespers on Saturday at least once a month
4)  Say all the communion prayers before every Sunday Liturgy
5)  Set aside $1 every day for a charity or charities
6)  Keep every fast day and fasting season strictly
7)  Read one Orthodox Book every month

I look forward to hearing suggestions.  Thanks and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment