Sunday, August 15, 2010

I hate to do this

but, effective immediately, if you wish to post comments (and let me reiterate that I do welcome them) you can no longer do so anonymously. You may post with the anonymous tag, but you must sign your name at the end. I will not ask for full names since such can be dangerous, but you must include at least your full name and the first letter of your last name. If a comment lacks that, it will be deleted. You need not use your real name, if you're that uncomfortable with it, but don't try to make it that far-fetched and unrealistic.

Why am I doing this? Because hiding behind "anonymous" is, quite frankly, rude. Don't agree? Fine, but you will not be allowed to post that. This is my blog and I set the rules.

It's unfortunate that it only takes one or two to ruin the fun for everyone and frankly, I have better things to do than police what goes on here. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Post scriptum: I'm going back on what I said here. I've enabled comment moderation instead so I will preview remarks before they become part of the blog. Agreeing with me does not automatically get you on here so be warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment